Skip to Main Content

Macao Central Library

Temporarily closed

The library was formerly situated in St. Augustine’s Church, it originally belonged to Liceu de Macau (Liceu Secondary School). The Macao Central Library underwent severe challenges throughout its development. From 1917 to 1929, it successively moved to St. Joseph's Seminary, Hotel Bela Vista, Shelter for the Disabled at Tap Seac and Leal Senado Building (currently known as IAM Building). Settling there for a longer period, in 1983 the library was relocated to the current site at Avenida do Conselheiro Ferreira de Almeida, where it has gradually developed.

Source: ICM