The Temple was built around the 28th year of Emperor Guangxu’s reign (1902), according to an engraved marble. In the Temple stands a tranquil and valuable Kun Iam statue with burnished gold leaf. The statue has existed for over a century and was restored in 2004. Quoted from the Buddhist Scriptures, “Kun Iam” literally means “let’s listen to the miserable voice from this human world” and later becomes a popular doctrine of Chinese folk beliefs. Kun Iam, also known as the Goddess of Mercy, is believed to have infinite wisdom and supernatural power that offer salvations for human suffering.