Located at the crossroad of Rua das Lorchas and Praça de Ponte e Horta, the building is the former Opium House built in the late 19th century in the waterside area of the Inner Harbour. It was first turned into a warehouse and then a crucible factory after opium was banned in 1946. An academic institution later rented the House for educational purposes. In 1996, the Opium House was renovated and thoroughly restored. In 2001 the second clinic of Tong Sin Tong Charitable Society moved into the House and since then has provided Chinese acupuncture and western medical services to general public. Today, the House has remained as an excellent witness to the typical architecture at the Inner Harbour in the golden years of the 19th century.